- 1 block of tempeh (300g), sliced into thin pieces
- 1/4 cup soy sauce/tamari
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Sliced green onions, for garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, cornstarch, garlic powder, ginger, and water until smooth.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the tempeh slices to the skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Pour the teriyaki sauce over the tempeh slices and stir to coat evenly.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and let the tempeh simmer in the sauce for 3-5 minutes until the sauce thickens and coats the tempeh.
- Remove the tempeh from the skillet and transfer to a serving dish.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions (optional).
Serve this with steamed rice and your favourite vegetables. Enjoy your delicious and easy-to-make tempeh teriyaki!