- 1 block of tempeh (300g)
- 2 tbsp gochujang paste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Sliced green onions, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Cut the tempeh block into bite-sized pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the gochujang paste, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger until smooth.
- Add the tempeh to the bowl and toss to coat with the marinade.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the tempeh pieces and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the tempeh to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10-15 minutes until crispy and caramelized.
- Remove the tempeh from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions (optional).
Serve the Gochujang Glazed Tempeh with steamed rice and your favorite vegetables. Enjoy!