- 1 block of tempeh (300g), sliced into thin pieces
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4-6 large whole wheat or gluten-free tortillas
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges, for serving (optional)
- Cilantro, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the BBQ sauce, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Place the tempeh slices in a shallow dish and pour the BBQ sauce mixture over the top, making sure to coat each piece evenly.
- Let the tempeh marinate in the BBQ sauce for 10-15 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the tempeh slices on the sheet, leaving a little space between each piece.
- Bake the tempeh in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until slightly crispy and caramelized.
- While the tempeh is baking, prepare the tortillas by heating them in a dry skillet or microwave.
- Assemble the wraps by placing a handful of shredded lettuce on each tortilla, followed by some diced tomatoes and avocado.
- Place a few pieces of BBQ tempeh on top of the vegetables and sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
- Fold the sides of the tortilla inward, then roll it up tightly.
- Serve with lime wedges on the side (optional).
Enjoy your delicious and healthy BBQ Tempeh Wraps as a satisfying meal or snack on the go!